Thursday, June 15, 2006

Music - The Universal Language!

The only time I ever feel like getting to this blog section of mine is when I have something to say about he music that I am listening to. I am wondering if I should rename the blog in keeping with the rest of my blog titles. Here's a nice quote

"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life."
-Red Auerbach

Firstly I need to rave about the tracks of "Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna"...Its such a welcome break from Himesh Reshammiya music....Not that I don't like his music but I have had too mkuch of it recently.....I have been listening to this new album non-stop and I simply love the "Farewell Trance". The "Where's the party tonight" sounds like a lift off from some pop number but I can't be sure. And then I stumbled upon the fusion section on musicindiaonline.com which is just amazing.....I have been meaning to get my hands on music like they have there and this is just perfect.........I listened to the album Global Village by Karunesh and its awesome. I usually listen to music the most when I am fervently coding at work. It maximizes my productivity and keeps me going. :) Anyone else into fusion music? Suggestions welcome!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This will help me break into this genre of music. Now all I need is a link to sample this album! Yeah, for work, classical music seems to work best for me when coding, because it reduces the headaches caused by the math problems. Eeek!

12:10 AM  
Blogger Sidhu said...

Fusion.
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5507053

I go by NPR sometimes, esp Indian and western combined. I've always liked 'aaj mere jee karda' from monsoon wedding and I think it's one of the greatest songs ever made.

btw, did u hear abt HImesh reshamiyya's 'jhalak dikhla ja', it's been banned in gujarat(villages)....:) Don't tell me you don't know why.

8:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home